Friday, 26 June 2026

The horrors of an ever-growing TBR

 I feel like all avid readers can relate when I say my To Be Read (TBR) list is never-ending. It feels as though every time I pop into The Works for 'just a browse', I leave £20 poorer because 'the books in The Works are such a good deal!'; and they are, but I buy books faster than I'm able to read them. Hence, I'm making it my new summer goal to get through as much of my physical TBR as possible, and then sell them on my Vinted page!

I thought that I could also make it into a fun little blog series where I write a review on each book I finish, and then I could also direct people to my Vinted if they're interested in reading said book. For anyone searching for a book to buy in about 3 months, here's my whole physical TBR (in no particular order...):

    (a beautiful picture of my TBR that was relocated from my shelf to the floor)

  1. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  2. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Márquez
  3. Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
  4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  5. Coming Up For Air by George Orwell
  6. Keep the Aspidistra Flying by George Orwell
  7. Daydream by Hannah Grace (Current read)
  8. The Summer I First Saw You by Elizabeth O'Roark
  9. The Summer You Found Me by Elizabeth O'Roark
  10. The Summer I Saved You by Elizabeth O'Roark
  11. The Summer We Fell by Elizabeth O'Roark
  12. How To Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie
  13. Five Survive by Holly Jackson
  14. The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley
  15. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
  16. The Housemaid by Freida McFadden
  17. The Housemaid's Secret by Freida McFadden
  18. Carrie by Stephen King
  19. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  20. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  21. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  22. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
  23. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  24. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  25. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  26. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  27. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  28. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
  29. The Christmas Fix by Lucy Score
  30. A Merry Little Christmas by Cathy Bramley
  31. David Bowie: A Life by Dylan Jones
  32. A Statin-Free Life by Dr Aseem Malhotra
  33. The Health Gap by Michael Marmot
Sorry to any Wuthering Heights and Little Women superfans, but the last two were gifts and therefore won't be posted on my Vinted! I know many people are weeping at the thought, but I believe you can make it through these tough times.

On a more serious note, I'm hoping that posting this list to my Blogger will motivate me to actually work through all of these books over this summer before university (though the Christmassy ones may have to wait for November/December to be read), as I'm hoping to have a bit more cash, and a bit more room on my shelf for when I start uni! I'm also considering joining my university's book club when I join, as they seem to just work through one book a month - though I'd only join once my TBR is basically empty and I find that I have enough free time to commit, as I currently want to join about 20 different clubs/societies...

I hope that anyone who reads this found it interesting enough to maybe keep an eye out for when I finish any of these books, and for anyone looking to spend a bit of money, I already have a couple of items on my Vinted (*cough* Dazed28 *cough*) if they're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment